Certains propriétaires et concepteurs repoussent les limites de l’imagination en misant sur une déco murale métal artistique et accrocheuse. Par exemple, un revêtement mural du sol au plafond en tôle ondulé peut sembler un peut excessif pour certains gens. On doit toutefois se mettre d’accord que c’est une solution super originale et complètement acceptable, surtout en aménagement et décoration de la villa, de la cabane de jardin ou quand on veut accomplir un intérieur d’esprit chalet de montagne !
Among minor artists who have made Berck a subject in their work are Paul Laugée (1853–1937); Eugene Chigot (1860–1923), who had a studio there in 1893; and Georges Maroniez, a judge who painted and photographed in the area during holidays. Two others stayed in the town because of its medical facilities. Albert Besnard was there in 1895 on account of his tubercular son. As a thanks offering for his cure, Besnard and his wife Charlotte decorated the walls of the chapel in the Cazin-Perrochaud Institute between the years 1898-1901. While he was there, he also executed oil paintings and etchings. Jean Laronze (see above) was also there in 1904 for the same reason and painted several canvases during his stay.
At first one had to alight at the nearby town of Verton on the main line to Calais, but in 1893 a 1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in) metre gauge branch line was built connecting it with other towns in the region. As well as carrying passengers, there was also goods traffic from the brick-works at Berck Ville. Known locally as le Tortillard for its wandering route, it was closed in 1955. There was a later narrow-gauge line running northwards through the dunes from Berck Plage to Paris-Plage, as Le Touquet was then known. It was built in stages via Merlimont between 1909-12 but gradually sanded over and closed in 1929.